Supercharge your practice with our Social Security practice management and marketing tool kit for Financial Professionals.
Hard copy of the Tool Kit includes:
- 3 DVDs (learn, practice management, market)
- CD-ROM (25 data files)
- Publications: Social Security, The Inside Story*; A Social Security Owner’s Manual*; How to Grow Your Financial Practice with Social Security Income Planning (ebook)
Our Social Security canGROW Your Financial Practice Tool KitTM is available for purchase at two levels: the Toolkit with a Cloud Membership and the Toolkit with Cloud Membership and Social Security Explorer Software.
The Tool Kit Includes the Following:
DVD 1: Introduction and Core Social Security Presentation
An introductory overview to the Social Security canGROW Your Financial Practice Tool KitTM followed by the core Social Security income planning presentation.
The introduction describes that by understanding the most relevant 20% of Social Security income planning concepts and techniques, financial advisors can solve nearly 80% of their client cases. The core Social Security presentation demonstration shows Social Security expert, Frank Horath, delivering the actual public Social Security income planning presentation “When to Take Social Security.” This is an excellent way for financial professionals to learn relevant Social Security income planning concepts and deliver a quality presentation to their target audience.
Introduction & Overview
- Our intentions and goals for you
- Rationale behind our program
- Simplifying the Social Security maze: our 20/80 approach
Social Security Core Presentation (When to Take Social Security)
- Smart ways to get more Social Security income – choose wisely
- Key terms, assumptions, and techniques
- Life expectancy and the income election
- Importance of filing correctly the very first time
- Six strategies to get more Social Security income
- Determining your best-fit claiming method
- Multiple case examples for singles and married couples
- Social Security and the importance for the female demographic
- The importance and relevance of electing Social Security income in the context of client retirement assets
- The appointment setting closing process
DVD 2: Technical Drilldown & Practice Management
Our technical drilldown helps you learn several of the key root Social Security income planning concepts. Quality software can answer some – but often not all – of these questions for you. Regardless, learning these concepts will help you better explain software results and respond quickly to questions. In practice management, we cover some of the essential tools and processes for integrating Social Security income planning to your practice.
- How PIA (Primary Insurance Amount) is determined
- Spousal benefit rules and switching strategies
- Survivor and divorcee benefit rules
- Client Social Security income intake profiling
- Software Solutions: ease-of-use, results with options, quality report
- Importance of the one-year ruling with case example
- The financial services segue; the Social Security income election in the context of big picture retirement planning
DVD 3: Marketing Social Security Income Planning
As financial advisors, each of us strives to find the most effective marketing tools to reach our target audience. In this DVD we define who your potential markets might be, and demonstrate an array of Social income marketing tools to access, serve and pre-qualify your preferred clientele.
- Sharpening your best marketing tool – you
- Center of influence marketing and relationship building with accountants, estate planners, human resources, health and Medicare agents
- Marketing to the public: pre- and early retiree consumers and service organizations
- How to set up your seminar funnel to screen for qualified prospects
- Marketing tools: one-to-one, group presentations, leveraging baseline media and branding campaigns
- Re-branding for the Social Security entitlement
- MCLE/CE units for estate planners/attorneys
CD ROM: 25 Social Security Practice Management Data Files (PowerPoint , MS Word, pdf)
Social Security Practice Management
- How to Grow Your Financial Practice with Social Security Income Planning eBook by Frank Horath (pdf)
- Social Security Profiling/Intake Client Form (MS Word)
Marketing Social Security Income Planning
- Client/prospect letter introducing your new Social Security niche specialty
- Core presentation “When to Take Social Security” PowerPoint Deck (.pwpt)
- Workbook for “When to Take Social Security” presentation (Word)
- Five Social Security direct mail pieces (pdf, examples and vendor contact information)
- Workshop invitations: Social Security for couples, Social Security for women, Social Security and tax law changes
- Social Security income direct mail response programs
- Seminar newspaper press release invitation
- Four Social Security income planning white papers for both COIs and consumers
- Six high impact ghost written newspaper articles
- Request letters for guest speaker consideration (MS Word)
- Presentation appointment setting and white paper request forms
- Multiple public workshop closing forms
Social Security, The Inside Story (2012 edition) by Andy Landis
Social Security and Medicare form the bedrock of our clients’ future financial security. Our clients have paid for these entitlements throughout their lifetimes. Now, as financial professionals, we must learn at a deeper level how these benefits work and how we can help them.
This comprehensive guide provides dozens of examples showing how Social Security can work for your clients. Gain insight from charts, figures, and tables that clarify many of these key provisions.
“Andy Landis makes the complexities of Social Security easy to understand. This well-organized book covers all of the important Social Security topics. The question and answer section and the numerous real-life examples are especially helpful. I highly recommend this expertly guided tour of Social Security.” Ray Eads, President, Wealth Management Northwest
A Social Security Owner’s Manual (2013 edition) by Jim Blankenship
This book is written by a practicing financial advisor with over 20 years of experience who has worked through a number of Social Security income claiming client cases. Jim Blankenship is a CFP professional and a NAPFA registered fee only financial advisor, and the founder and principal of Blankenship Financial Planning. Sheryl Garrett, founder of the Garret Financial Planning Network writes in the book forward “A Social Security Owner’s Manual is the most refreshing, enjoyable, and direct applicable resource I’ve ever read on the subject. Invest the time to gain this essential knowledge.”
How to Grow Your Financial Practice with Social Security Income Planning by Frank Horath, Independent Financial Advisor
An ebook for financial advisors who wish to increase the proficiency of their practices and win more market share by becoming Social Security income planning specialists. By learning 20% of the most relevant Social Security income planning concepts, you can resolve nearly 80% of your client cases. This ebook identifies the opportunities in the baby-boomer market specifically, and the Social Security advisory services that your clients will want from you to make a smart Social Security income election decision.
Topics covered include an overview of selected Social Security rules and claiming techniques, several “bread and butter” case studies, practice management tools, and creative marketing ideas to both help advisors retain clients and build their practices.
* All membership levels include a hard copy of the Tool Kit. Hard copy includes “Social Security The Inside Story” and “A Social Security Owner’s Manual” books. For Cloud Memberships, the Tool Kit, excluding the books, is also accessible in digital format.